Hi, I'm Amber, a Registered Dietitian, and Food Sensitivity Expert.
I help individuals who suffer from gut issues and address chronic conditions.
I am compassionate and empathetic. I listen to and investigate chronic issues understanding that no two people are alike.
In all my experiences, the one thing that always reminds me why I love being a Dietitian is getting to work directly with people and sharing their excitement when they see results. My clients have life-changing results: increased energy, feeling less bloated, less pain, and more control of their bowels. Overall, they just feel happier! What could be better?
I have worked in many settings as a Registered Dietitian… and I HAVE SEEN SOME THINGS! I have worked in clinical and outpatient settings. I have also worked with the USMC as the dietitian for Marine Corps Community Services (Camp Lejeune) and later became the first Registered Dietitian to work with the Performance and Resiliency Program (PERES) Program for MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command). And although I loved all of those positions, my most rewarding work has been as a Dietitian in private practice.
I’ve had my private practice since 2012. I love helping individuals with their digestive issues and chronic conditions that are so commonly associated with gut health. I help individuals with constipation and or diarrhea, bloating, gas, chronic fatigue, and brain fog. I also love to help those with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS). I see a lot of individuals who have no idea what is wrong, but they inherently know something is not right (despite what other health providers may tell them).
And as the years pass, I continue (more than ever) to hone in on what I love to do most. I’ve narrowed my practice down to addressing gut health/addressing chronic conditions because my work matters so much in this area! I help individuals live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Amber DeVore, RD, CSSD, CLT (Owner of DeVore Nutrition and Wellness, LLC- established 2012)
Fun Facts About Me
- I am married and have three children
- I dislike the consistency of honeydew and canteloupe
- I enjoy naps (when I can get one)
- I live with an extremely loud parrot (black-headed caique) and a Portuguese Water Dog
- My favorite foods are peas, black raspberries, and cheese.
- I’ve written a children’s book titled, “My Food Allergies.”
- My oldest son has food allergies
- I have a blog devoted to food allergies.
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Dietetics form the University of Pittsburg, Cum laude
- Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (Registered as of 2003).
- Certified LEAP Therapist (MRT/LEAP Food Elimination protocol)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD)
- Author, “My Food Allergies.”